At Epsom Primary School, our students learn in a supportive and caring environment. We are recognised for our commitment to developing the whole child, whether that is their academic, social, physical or emotional learning.
We provide opportunities for our students that motivate individuals to succeed, this is through partnerships and alongside excellence in teaching and learning.
Building excellence together is at Epsom’s heart in all that we do.
Based on STAR acronym
S – Strive for Excellence
T – Take Pride
A – Act Responsibly
R – Respect the Community
– Always tries her best
– Be a problem solver
– Complete class and homework
– Encourage and support others
– Be honest
– Do not participate in bullying
– Be organised and punctual
– Do not exit the classroom
– Cooperate in learning activities
– Keep the classroom and grounds tidy
– Listen and follow teacher instructions
– Use respectful language
– Respect people, place and property
In accordance with the principles outlined in the Education and Training Reform Act 2006 (Vic), as a Victorian government school, the programs of, and teaching at Epsom Primary School will support and promote the principles and practices of Australian democracy including a commitment to:
– An elected government
– The rule of law
– Equal rights for all before the law
– Freedom of religion
– Freedom of speech and association
– The values of openness and tolerance
Also, in accordance with the Education and Training Reform Act 2006 (Vic), the school will provide a secular education and will not promote any particular religious practice, denomination or sect and is open to adherents of any philosophy, religion or faith.
Implementation of School Philosophy This school philosophy will be central to all:
– school initiatives, policies and practices;
– teaching and learning programs;
– internal and external interactions;
– organisational structures and practices; and
– dealings with parents, the School Council and the community. Regular evaluation processes will be in place to measure performance in all areas of the school with respect to the implementation of the vision and values of the school. Related Policies Epsom Primary School Student Behaviour, Engagement and Inclusion Policy. Epsom Primary School Bullying and Harassment Policy.
Evaluation This policy will be reviewed as part of the school’s four-year review cycle.