The Prep Enrolment Process
- Please contact the school (on 03 5448 4318) to enquire when our next Prep Information session will be held. There will be a short information session followed by tours around the school. Information packages will be available and you can arrange a meeting with the Principal.
- If you are unable to come along to the one of these sessions, please phone the school to make an appointment to meet with the Principal or a member of Leadership.
- If you decide that Epsom is the school for your family, please complete the enrolment form and return it to the school as soon as possible. You also need to provide a copy of your child’s Birth Certificate and an Immunisation Status Certificate before your child commences.
- Your child is be invited to attend the Prep Orientation days in November/December. The Pop into Prep program provides an opportunity to assist with your child’s transition into school life as well as providing support for parents. Activities will be designed to help your child feel comfortable about coming to our school, and to meet older students who will become their ‘buddies’ next year.
To assist with transitioning to school, please make sure that your child comes to school with the following:
- The ability to recognise their first name
- The ability to unwrap things in their lunchbox or unscrew containers
- The ability to do up their shoelaces or put on their Velcro shoes
- The knowledge that you will be back to get them
- The habit of drinking water regularly
- The feeling that school is going to be fun, full of friendship and learning. This will be a focus of the day.
- The ability to take their own jumper/top on and off
- All clothing labelled with their name
- The ability to recognise colours
- The knowledge that all adults at school will help them if needed
- AND MOST IMPORTANTLY – A BIG SMILE!!
Always speak positively about school, regardless of your own experiences, as this sends a clear and positive message to your children, giving them the correct mindset to make a successful start to their education.